Ladies – lift weights at Performance Fitness Gym Eastbourne
If you want to lose fat or change your body shape, one of the most important things you can do is lift weights. Diet and cardio are equally important, but when it comes to changing how your body looks, weight training wins hands down. If you’ve hesitated to start a strength training program, lifting weights can:
- Help raise your metabolism. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you’ll burn all day long
- Help you lose fat and weight
- Strengthen bones, especially important for women
- Make you stronger and increases muscular endurance without bulk
- Help you avoid injuries – back pain and arthritis
- Reduce risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Improve co-ordination and balance
- Make you look and feel good!
Getting started with strength training and losing weight can be confusing – what exercises should you do? How many sets and reps? How much weight? The routine you choose will be based on your fitness goals as well as the equipment we have available and the time you have for workouts. The first step is to ensure that you get the most out of your sessions at the gym!
Get one of our personal trainers to help you with:
- A discussion on what you want to achieve and timescales.
- Assessment of your general physical condition – BMI, Aerobic tests etc.
- A written programme of exercise for you to follow at your gym sessions.
- Advice/instruction on correct use of equipment and weights – very important!
- The value of different types of exercise and how they work.
- Help with your workouts by being with you and motivating and helping you.
- Guidance on diet and a nutritional plan for you to follow, if required.
- Regular assessments to ensure you are making progress.Our Personal Trainers are fully qualified and have a wealth of knowledge and experience. They can ensure that you meet your goals much more quickly.